Use High Pressure Water Jetting Equipment
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to use high pressure water jetting equipment under the supervision of a competent operator. The job may be to clean, prepare, abrade, cut or demolish concrete, steel or other plant, equipment, vessels or infrastructure.
This work is undertaken using equipment that meets the requirements of a Class B system as defined by AS 4233.1 High pressure water jetting systems – Part 1: Safe operation and maintenance and in compliance with Safe Work Australia Guide for Managing Risks from High Pressure Water Jetting, its state/territory equivalent (where one exists) or the authorised replacement.
There must be evidence the candidate has completed the tasks outlined in the elements and performance criteria of this unit, and demonstrated the ability to:
assemble and operate, under supervision, equipment that meets the requirements of a Class B system as defined by AS 4233.1 High pressure water jetting systems – Part 1: Safe operation and maintenance, to complete:
- at least one gun operation AND
- at least one of the following:
- pipe cleaning (not stormwater/sewerage system)
- heat exchanger/tube cleaning
- surface preparation
- vessel (interior) cleaning using a cleaning head.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness for Work’ form – Candidates are required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
- This course is delivered over one (1) day.
- Training and assessment is delivered face to face at Altrad’s premises
- Upon arrangement, training can be conducted on-site at the premises of our clients providing there is suitable infrastructure and training facilities. Contact us for more details
- Assessment will include a WorkSafe written calculations and theory assessment and practical demonstration
NOTE: WorkSafe written assessments are ‘Closed book’.
If you are found not yet competent, you may re-sit this assessment. Refer Student Information Book.
On successful completion of this course candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the Unit/s of Competency.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, your High Risk Work Licence expires every five (5) years. You must not carry out high risk work until your licence has been renewed.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY ASSESSMENTS (VOC) ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE
Contact us for further information.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
Adjustments to training can be made for candidates with LLN issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.