Licence to Erect, Alter and Dismantle Scaffolding (Intermediate Level)
This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to safely perform intermediate scaffolding work.
Scaffolding work involves erecting, altering or dismantling a temporary structure to support a platform from which a person or object could fall more than four metres.
To demonstrate competency in this unit, a candidate must meet the elements and performance criteria by safely erecting, altering and dismantling the following:
- cantilevered and spurred scaffold
- barrow ramp or sloping platform
- tube and coupler scaffold of at least four medium duty bays long and two lifts high with a working platform of at least 4 m in height with a ladder access. It must have a cantilevered platform at the rear of the scaffold and include a ramp constructed with steel tube from the rear of the scaffold to a height of 1 m and a width of at least 675 mm, and include handrails, toe boards and mid rails; all planks must be secured
- cantilevered crane-loading platform
- mast climbing work platform.
- The candidate must also produce a tube and coupler scaffold plan in accordance with Australian Standards, demonstrating the following:
- diagonal staggering of standards
- staggering of ledgers
- joins of ledgers within 300 mm of standards
- joins of standards within 300 mm of ledgers
- positioning of ledgers.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness for Work’ form – Candidates are required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
- This course is delivered over five (5) days
- Training and assessment is delivered face to face at Altrad’s premises
- Upon arrangement, training can be conducted on-site at the premises of our clients providing there is suitable infrastructure and training facilities. Contact us for more details
- Assessment will include a WorkSafe written calculations and theory assessment and practical demonstration
NOTE: WorkSafe written assessments are ‘Closed book’.
If you are found not yet competent, you may re-sit this assessment. Refer Student Information Book.
On successful completion of this course candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the Unit/s of Competency.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, your High Risk Work Licence expires every five (5) years. You must not carry out high risk work until your licence has been renewed.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY ASSESSMENTS (VOC) ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE
Contact us for further information.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
Adjustments to training can be made for candidates with LLN issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.