Gas Test Atmosphere
This course is designed for workers who may need to undertake monitoring of potentially hazardous atmospheres in the workplace. These areas that may need to be atmospherically tested may include:
- Confined spaces
- Hazardous material storage areas
- Restricted spaces
- Areas which contain dangerous goods.
Candidates will attain the practical application and understanding in the following:
- recognise and assess conditions that require testing
- identify the appropriate action according to procedures and within scope of responsibility, including:
- selecting, preparing and using gas testing equipment
- applying testing regime
- selecting and using personal protective equipment (PPE)
- identifying hazards and applying control measures
- cleaning and maintaining equipment
- take readings and interpret, report/record relevant data
- apply known solutions to routine problems
- communicate clearly and unambiguously with a range of personnel on safety conditions and procedures.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness for Work’ form – Candidates are required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
- This course is delivered over half (1/2) day.
- Training and assessment is delivered face to face at Altrad’s premises
- Upon arrangement, training can be conducted on-site at the premises of our clients providing there is suitable infrastructure and training facilities. Contact us for more details
- Assessment will include a WorkSafe written calculations and theory assessment and practical demonstration
NOTE: WorkSafe written assessments are ‘Closed book’.
If you are found not yet competent, you may re-sit this assessment. Refer Student Information Book.
On successful completion of this course candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the Unit/s of Competency.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, your High Risk Work Licence expires every five (5) years. You must not carry out high risk work until your licence has been renewed.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY ASSESSMENTS (VOC) ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE
Contact us for further information.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
Adjustments to training can be made for candidates with LLN issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.