RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
This course is aimed at those who are required to carry out work at heights. The course covers identifying work requirements and instructions for undertaking the task, accessing and installing equipment, performing the work at heights and cleaning up the work area.
Candidates will attain the practical application and understanding required to work safely at heights and will be able to:
- Apply correct fitting of full body harnesses
- Carry out hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Understand the Legislation, Regulations and Standards applicable to working at heights
- Select and use the correct fall prevention and fall arrest equipment including temporary static lines and anchor points
- Carry out inspections and maintenance of equipment
- Understand ground clearance and the pendulum effect
- Apply emergency and rescue procedures in relation to working at heights
- Understand the forces generated in falls
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fit for Work’ form. Candidates are required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
- This course is delivered over one (1) day
- Training and assessment is delivered face to face at Altrad’s premises
- Upon arrangement, training can be conducted on-site at the premises of our clients, providing there is suitable infrastructure and training facilities. Contact us for more details
- Assessment will include a written theory assessment and practical demonstration
If you are found not yet competent, you may re-sit this assessment. Refer Student Information Book.
On successful completion of this course candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the Unit/s of Competency and a wallet sized card.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, WAHA (Working at Heights Association) and industry standards recommend retraining every two (2) years.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
Adjustments to training can be made for candidates with LLN issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.