MSMSS00003 Use High Pressure Water Jetting Equipment (Assistant)
UNITS OF COMPETENCY:
- MSMWJ201 Use high pressure water jetting equipment
- MSMWHS200 Work safely
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMWHS110 Follow emergency response procedures
This skill set replaces the old HPWJ Assistant Course and is designed for all persons who work with or are going to work with high pressure water jet equipment classified in the Class B range of high pressure water pumps. It requires knowledge of the associated dangers and how to operate this equipment safely. It covers training for personnel new to high pressure water jetting and covers everything from equipment, how to operate the equipment safely, the dangers of HPWJ, safe work practices and associated law, work permits and emergency response practices. The end result produces an operator that requires supervision but more than capable of carrying out high pressure water jet work.
This course is delivered in accordance with AS24233.1 2013 Part 1 High Pressure Water Jetting Systems Safe Operation and Maintenance and National Code of Conduct Guide for Managing Risks from High Pressure Water Jetting.
This course is designed for all persons who work with or are going to work with high pressure water jet equipment classified in the Class B range of high pressure water pumps and require knowledge of the associated dangers and how to operate this equipment safely.
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
- This course is delivered over two (2) days
- Training and assessment is delivered face to face at Altrad’s premises
- Upon arrangement, training can be conducted on-site at the premises of our clients providing there is suitable infrastructure and training facilities. Contact us for more details
- Assessment will include a theory assessment and practical demonstration
If you are found not yet competent, you may re-sit this assessment. Refer Student Information Book.
On successful completion of this course candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the Unit/s of Competency, a wallet sized Record of Results card and a wallet sized Medical Advice Card.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date; however, industry standards recommend retraining every two (2) years.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
Adjustments to training can be made for candidates with LLN issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.