Safety Leadership for Supervisors Program (Nationally Accredited)
CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
This program is currently not available for delivery as we are reviewing and updating the package documentation.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY:
- RIICOM302D Communicate workplace information
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- RIIBEF402D Supervise on-site operations
Supervisors and frontline leaders play a fundamental role in accomplishing and maintaining safety in the workplace. They are key in the promoting of a culture which encompasses safety as a priority.
Safety Leadership for Supervisors (SLS) covers the key practices and principles of health and safety at an operational level, the communication of information and the application of risk management processes.
Our course is designed to assist supervisors in creating and maintaining a safe workplace, learning through a workshop which covers the key principles and practices of occupational/workplace health and safety, communicating information, and applying risk management processes.
On completion, candidates in this program will be able to:
- Use communication to liaise with clients, team members and other relevant parties
- Manage on-site safety
- Diagnose and solve routine and non-routine problems
- Apply leadership principles to the team
- Deliver a presentation to achieve meeting outcomes
- Assess and identify unacceptable risk; and
- Understand and apply knowledge of OHS legislation
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear
- To complete this nationally recognised program, it is expected that the candidates will have a minimum of six (6) months supervisory experience
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, this course is currently delivered via the Zoom meeting platform therefore learners must have a Computer with webcam, Internet connectivity & access to Zoom.
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
- This course is delivered over two (2) days, plus an optional 1/2 hour One-on-One session on a third day to assist students with assessments
- Training and assessment is delivered virtually using Zoom
- Upon arrangement, training can be conducted on-site at the premises of our clients providing there is suitable infrastructure and training facilities. Contact us for more details
- Assessment will include a theory assessment, associated case studies, portfolio and third-party report
If you are found not yet competent, you may re-sit this assessment. Refer Student Information Book.
On successful completion of this course candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the Unit/s of Competency.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
Adjustments to training can be made for candidates with LLN issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.