MSMSS00004 Operate a High Pressure Water Jetting System (Operator)
UNITS OF COMPETENCY:
- MSMWJ301 Operate a high pressure water jetting system
- MEM09002B Interpret technical drawings
- MSMWHS200 Work safely
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMWHS110 Follow emergency response procedures
This course is designed for personnel experienced in high pressure water jetting who require a more in-depth knowledge of high pressure water jetting systems, pumps, engines, safe equipment operation, managing worksites, safe work practices and associated law, organising work permits, reading and interpreting plans/drawings and emergency and rescue practices. This course provides an operator with the necessary knowledge to supervise a High Pressure Water Jetting project and be responsible for a crew of HPWJ Workers.
This course is delivered in accordance with AS24233.1 2013 Part 1 High Pressure Water Jetting Systems Safe Operation and Maintenance and National Code of Conduct Guide for Managing Risks from High Pressure Water Jetting.
Please note this is not a designated manager’s course. However, due to the dangerous nature of high pressure water jetting, the equipment knowledge, the worksite setup, the safe work practices and emergency practices covered by this course provide the qualifications necessary to supervise a high pressure water jetting operation.
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
- Miimum 120 hours worked under direct supervision, as outlined in the log book
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
- This course is delivered over two (2) days
- Training and assessment is delivered face to face at Altrad’s premises
- Upon arrangement, training can be conducted on-site at the premises of our clients providing there is suitable infrastructure and training facilities. Contact us for more details
- Assessment will include a theory assessment and practical demonstration
If you are found not yet competent, you may re-sit this assessment. Refer Student Information Book.
On successful completion of this course candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the Unit/s of Competency, a wallet sized Record of Results card and a wallet sized Medical Advice Card.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date; however, industry standards recommend retraining every two (2) years.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
Adjustments to training can be made for candidates with LLN issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.