Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck (TLILIC0003)
This course is aimed at giving candidates hands on practical skills and knowledge in the safe and efficient operation of a counter-balance forklift. Candidates will gain an understanding of applicable legislations and general information e.g. forklift types and uses, load types and characteristics, load charts, lifting attachment types and uses. The work described in this unit relates to the National Standards for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
Candidates will attain the practical application and understanding in the following:
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Understanding of legislative requirements including Duty of Care
- Carrying out routine checks including pre and post operational
- Setting up and operating the Forklift
- Shutting down and securing the Forklift
- Load calculations and stability
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
- This course is delivered over two (2) days
- Training and assessment is delivered face to face at Altrad’s premises
- Upon arrangement, training can be conducted on-site at the premises of our clients providing there is suitable infrastructure and training facilities. Contact us for more details
- Assessment will include a Worksafe written calculations and theory assessment and practical demonstration
NOTE: Worksafe written assessments are ‘Closed book’
If you are found not yet competent, you may re-sit this assessment. Refer Student Information Book.
On successful completion of this course candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the Unit/s of Competency.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, your High Risk Work Licence expires every five (5) years. You must not carry out high risk work until your licence has been renewed.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY ASSESSMENTS (VOC) ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE
Contact us for further information.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
Adjustments to training can be made for candidates with LLN issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.