CPCCLSF2001 Licence to Erect, Alter and Dismantle Scaffolding (Basic level)
This course is aimed at giving candidates hands on practical skills and knowledge in the safe and efficient erection and dismantling of scaffolding at a basic level. Candidates will gain an understanding of Basic Scaffolding principles, the scope of work to plan the job, select and inspect equipment, set up task, erect scaffold and scaffold equipment and dismantle scaffold and scaffold equipment. The work described in this unit relates to the National Standards for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
Candidates will attain the practical application and understanding in the following:
- ability to erect scaffold within the scope of the basic scaffolder
- ability to erect, level, plumb and stabilise scaffolds and cantilever materials hoists up to 500kg
- ability to interpret manufacturer’s specifications for plant and equipment
- ability to work safely at heights
- correct application of all scaffolding equipment
- ability to set up fall arrest systems, including safety nets
- accurate interpretation of basic structural charts and structural plans
- applying methods for making temporary connection using fibre ropes
- methods for making temporary connection of guy ropes and static lines using Flexible Steel Wire Rope (FSWR)
- verify problems and equipment faults and demonstrate appropriate response
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights (or equivalent)
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness for Work’ form – Candidates are required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
- This course is delivered over five (5) days
- Training and assessment is delivered face to face at Altrad’s premises
- Upon arrangement, training can be conducted on-site at the premises of our clients providing there is suitable infrastructure and training facilities. Contact us for more details
- Assessment will include a Worksafe written calculations and theory assessment and practical demonstration
NOTE: Worksafe written assessments are ‘Closed book’
If you are found not yet competent, you may re-sit this assessment. Refer Student Information Book.
On successful completion of this course candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the Unit/s of Competency.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, your High Risk Work Licence expires every five (5) years. You must not carry out high risk work until your licence has been renewed.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY ASSESSMENTS (VOC) ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE
Contact us for further information.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
Adjustments to training can be made for candidates with LLN issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.