MSMWHS217 Gas Test Atmospheres
This course is for those who are required to carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or work-space to determine if it is safe.
Candidates will attain the practical application and understanding required to effectively carry out atmospheric gas testing in all industries and will be able to:
- Determine the type of gas/atmosphere to be tested
- Apply hazard identification and risk assessment
- Use gas testing equipment and interpret and report the readings
- Monitor the atmosphere on an ongoing basis
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fit for Work’ form. Candidates are required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
- This course is delivered over one (1) day
- Training and assessment is delivered face to face at Altrad’s premises
- Upon arrangement, training can be conducted on-site at the premises of our clients providing there is suitable infrastructure and training facilities. Contact us for more details
- Assessment will include a written theory assessment and practical demonstration
If you are found not yet competent, you may re-sit this assessment. Refer Student Information Book.
On successful completion of this course candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the Unit/s of Competency and a wallet sized card.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date; however, industry standards recommend retraining every two (2) years.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
Adjustments to training can be made for candidates with LLN issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.