RIIWHS202E Confined Space Entry
This course is aimed at those who work in confined spaces carrying out the roles and responsibilities of the entrant. This course covers planning and preparing for entry of confined spaces, entry and working in confined spaces, exiting confined spaces and cleaning up.
Candidates will attain the practical application and understanding required to enter and work in confined spaces and will be able to:
- Define and identify different types of confined spaces
- Apply the entry requirements as per AS 2865
- Carry out hazard identification, assessment and control
- Understand the Legislation, Regulations and Standards applicable to Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- Follow and apply isolation procedures and methods
- Understand and apply atmospheric management and monitoring
- Carry out purging, ventilation and cleaning requirements
- Accurately apply and follow entry permits
- Correctly use PPE including respiratory protective equipment, lifelines and harnesses
- Follow rescue procedures
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fit for Work’ form. Candidates are required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT
- This course is delivered over one (1) day
- Training and assessment is delivered face to face at Altrad’s premises
- Upon arrangement, training can be conducted on-site at the premises of our clients providing there is suitable infrastructure and training facilities. Contact us for more details
- Assessment will include a written theory assessment and practical demonstration
If you are found not yet competent, you may re-sit this assessment. Refer Student Information Book.
On successful completion of this course candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the Unit/s of Competency and a wallet sized card.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, WAHA (Working at Heights Association) and industry standards recommend retraining every two (2) years.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
Adjustments to training can be made for candidates with LLN issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.